WHAT TO EXPECT
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- The Truth. I will challenge you on the lies you tell yourself about who you are “supposed” to be and how you “should” act.
- Support, Encouragement, Empathy and Understanding. I will be your biggest supporter while we work together to heal the stuff that’s holding you back.
- Breakthroughs, Insights and Empowerment. I will do my best to make sure you get all of these things. This, of course, also requires your participation, hard work and willingness to look inward.
- Practical and Relevant Tools. I teach you how to regulate thoughts and emotion better and give you homework and tools for self-confidence and continued growth. These include mindfulness, meditation and breath work around difficult emotions.
- Working From the Inside Out. It's about healing the inside so you can present more of what you want to the outside.
- Setting Intentions. It is important to set out what you want to do and how you want to do it whilst working through any self sabotage patterns that may be present.
- Discretion and Confidentiality. This is a very big deal to me. Any/all of the work we do is confidential. The fact that you are a client at all is confidential. There is nothing to be ashamed of in seeing me but I also think it should remain private, and it does.
THIS IS WHAT I WILL NOT DO:
- Give You Advice About Your Life. When people figure out their own answers, those answers are based on their own truth. They stick and they make sense to you. That is why I facilitate you figuring it out for yourself. Also, advice is generally based on the other person’s worldview, not yours, so it’s generally not that helpful. Lots of reasons not to give it.
- 'Traditional' Time Management or Goal Setting. I think there's more to just managing time in a day and I believe goals must be meaningful so that's what we do. We make both count. See above. :-)
- Hand Holding. I’m kind. I’m gentle. But you have to do the work.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Individual and Leadership Coaching:
It depends. I know that's vague but it does depend on what's going on for you, whether or not you've done anything like this before, and what you're struggling with.
I offer 6 or 10 session packages. That way you know how long you are coming and you can commit fully to the process. I also offer maintenance coaching because life happens.
I FEEL SILLY GETTING COACHING - LIKE I SHOULDN'T NEED IT.
I heard a quote once. "Issues are like belly buttons. We all have them." Not everyone is brave enough to admit that, or courageous enough to seek a better life. That's okay. But you are and you should stand by that.
WILL YOU GIVE ME ADVICE ON HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE?
Definitely not. That’s the last thing I want to do. The only person qualified to figure out how to live your life is you. I just happen to have some amazing tools to help you figure stuff out.
YOU MENTIONED YOGA, MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION. I'M NOT SPIRITUAL. DOES THAT MATTER?
No. It does not matter. As humans we like to label beliefs, but my belief is that we should stop doing that. I could care less if you are an atheist, an agnostic, a Christian, a Muslim, a Sufi, a Jew, a Woo Woo, or anything else. I'll speak to you as best I can in a way that resonates with you. I'm not trying to be everything to everyone. I just don't feel any need to push my beliefs on you. All I want to do is to help you remember how amazing you are - in whatever way that works for you. That's what it's all about.
WHAT IF IT DOESN'T WORK?
If you have done your best in the sessions, completed all the homework, and still feel you have gained nothing from the coaching, then I will gladly give you your money back. That's coming from a former lawyer, so that's a pretty big claim for me to make. Just get back to me within 3 months of completing the coaching, and I'll happily refund your money. I believe that strongly in what I offer. I know that if you are ready, and that you do the work, the process works.
ARE YOU ACCOUNTABLE TO ANYONE?
I'm accountable to my clients, first. Beyond that, I also get supervision just like any professional therapist. I hold a Diploma in Holistic Life Coaching and I am a member of the International Coaching Federation.
Also, I'm fully committed to my own continued growth. I'm always up-skilling through books, courses, seminars, conferences, videos, and of course being coached myself (I believe every coach should). There is so much continued learning in this field - neuroscience, new discoveries in mind/body connection, more information on the benefits of mindfulness .... and I want to take it all in. It's my commitment to myself, and to you.
In addition, my yoga and meditation practices continue to be a source of grounding and growth, and they always will.