WHAT TO EXPECT
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- The Truth. I will challenge you on the lies you tell yourself about who you are “supposed” to be and how you “should” act.
- Support, Encouragement, Empathy and Understanding. I will be your biggest supporter while we work together to heal the stuff that’s holding you back.
- Breakthroughs, Insights and Empowerment. I will do my best to make sure you get all of these things. This, of course, also requires your participation, hard work and willingness to look inward.
- Practical and Relevant Tools. I teach you how to regulate thoughts and emotion better and give you homework and tools for self-confidence and continued growth.
- Time Management. How do you really want to spend your time on this planet? Once you get this down, or at least the feeling of what that is, then managing your time becomes more important and more effective.
- Setting Intentions. It is important to set out what you want to do and how you want to do it whilst working through any self sabotage patterns that may be present.
- Discretion and Confidentiality. This is a very big deal to me. Any/all of the work we do is confidential. The fact that you are a client at all is confidential. There is nothing to be ashamed of in seeing me but I also think it should remain private, and it does.
THIS IS WHAT I WILL NOT DO:
- Give You Advice About Your Life. When people figure out their own answers, those answers are based on their own truth. They stick and they make sense to you. That is why I facilitate you figuring it out for yourself. Also, advice is generally based on the other person’s worldview, not yours, so it’s generally not that helpful. Lots of reasons not to give it.
- 'Traditional' Time Management or Goal Setting. I think there's more to just managing time in a day and I believe goals must be meaningful so that's what we do. We make both count. See above. :-)
- Hand Holding. I’m kind. I’m gentle. But you have to do the work.