WHAT IS LIFE COACHING?
It's a combination of learning to live fully in the present and finding an amazing new future.
- Learning to focus on what's right with you - instead of what's wrong with you. Because the best self -improvement is learning that you don't need to improve yourself. You need to accept yourself.
- Learning to be mindful of your thoughts and behaviours and how they lead to you feeling stressed and weighed down.
- Learning that not only is it okay to feel assured, self-confident and amazing, but that if you don't, you're missing out on all that life has to offer.
- Learning that your story matters, but it is just a story. You are not defined by it.
- Finding out what living a meaningful life means to you.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Looking at and changing unhelpful belief systems you’ve formed about yourself and how you operate in the world. Your story matters, but it is just a story. You are not defined by it.
- Learning to work with your emotions – by listening to them, and discovering how they are trying to help you.
- Engaging in a process of recognising your thoughts and emotions, so you can let them go without being captured by them. The best way I know to do that is through the practice of mindfulness. I've practiced it through yoga, meditation and every day life for 13 years and have no plans to stop. I'll teach you how.
- Dissolving your fears and overcoming self sabotaging behaviours.
- Finding and addressing blocks that are holding you back from what you really want.
I will guide you on how to use your past experience(s), your lessons, and your own innate wisdom to your greatest benefit.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
If you are struggling with any of the following, I can help:
Self doubt and low self-esteem
Learning to say no
Feeling stuck/can't move forward
Healthier relationship with food and exercise
Nice Girl or Nice Guy Syndrome (I can’t stop being chronically nice even when it’s to my own detriment).
Not knowing how to value and/or trust yourself
HERE’S WHAT ELSE YOU CAN EXPECT FROM COACHING WITH ME:
- The Truth. I will challenge you on the lies you tell yourself about who you are “supposed” to be and how you “should” act.
- Support, Encouragement, Empathy and Understanding. I will be your biggest supporter while we work together to heal the stuff that’s holding you back.
- Breakthroughs, Insights and Empowerment. I will do my best to make sure you get all of these things. This, of course, also requires your participation, hard work and willingness to look inward.
- Time Management. How do you really want to spend your time on this planet? Once you get this down, or at least the feeling of what that is, then managing your time becomes more important and more effective.
- Setting Intentions. It is important to set out what you want to do and how you want to do it whilst working through any self sabotage patterns that may be present.
- Discretion and Confidentiality. This is a very big deal to me. Any/all of the work we do is confidential. The fact that you are a client at all is confidential. There is nothing to be ashamed of in seeing me but I also think it should remain private, and it does.
THIS IS WHAT I WILL NOT DO:
- Give You Advice About Your Life. When people figure out their own answers, those answers are based on their own truth. They stick and they make sense to you. That is why I facilitate you figuring it out for yourself. Also, advice is generally based on the other person’s worldview, not yours, so it’s generally not that helpful. Lots of reasons not to give it.
- 'Traditional' Time Management or Goal Setting. I think there's more to just managing time in a day and I believe goals must be meaningful so that's what we do. We make both count. See above. :-)
- Hand Holding. I’m kind. I’m gentle. But you have to do the work. If you don’t, it’s a waste of your money and my time.